About the certification standards for power adapters
What is 3C certification? About the certification standards for power adapters
The full name of 3C certification is "China Compulsory Certification", the English name is China Compulsory Certification, and the English abbreviation is CCC.
It is a product conformity assessment system implemented by the Chinese government in accordance with laws and regulations to protect consumers' personal safety and national security, strengthen product quality management.
3C certification is short for China Compulsory Product Certification. The main content can be summarized as follows:
(1) In accordance with relevant WTO agreements and internationally accepted rules, the state implements a unified compulsory product certification system for products related to human health and safety, animal and plant life safety and health, environmental protection and public safety in accordance with the law. The National Certification and Accreditation Administration Commission is responsible for the management and organization of the national compulsory product certification system.
(2) The main feature of the national compulsory product certification system is that the state publishes a unified catalog, determines uniformly applicable national standards, technical rules, and implementation procedures, formulates unified logos, and stipulates unified charging standards. All products listed in the compulsory product certification catalog must be certified by the nationally designated certification body, and only after obtaining the relevant certificate and applying the certification mark, can they leave the factory, import, sell and use in business and service places.
(3) According to China's WTO commitments and the principle of embodying national treatment, the original two systems covered 138 products. The "Catalogue" released this time deleted the medical ultrasound diagnostic and treatment equipment that were originally included in the mandatory certification management. 16 kinds of products, 10 kinds of products including safety glass for construction have been added, and there are 132 kinds of compulsory certification products actually included in the Catalog.
(4) The state uses a uniform mark for compulsory product certification. The name of the new national compulsory certification mark is "China Compulsory Certification", the English name is "China Compulsory Certification", and the English abbreviation can be referred to as the "3C" mark. After the implementation of China's compulsory certification mark, it will replace the original "Great Wall" mark and "CCIB" mark.
(5) The state uniformly determines the charging items and standards for compulsory product certification. The formulation of new charging items and charging standards will be based on the principle of non-profit-making and reflecting national treatment, comprehensive consideration of the current charging situation, and reference to similar overseas certification charging items and charging standards.
(6) The compulsory product certification system was implemented on August 1, 2002, and relevant certification agencies officially began to accept applications. The original product safety certification system and import safety and quality licensing system were abolished on August 1, 2003.
3C certification is actually the abbreviation of the English name "China Compulsory Certification" (China Compulsory Certification), and it is also a unified mark used by the country for compulsory product certification. As the three-in-one "CCC" certification of National Safety Certification (CCEE), Import Safety Quality Licensing System (CCIB), and China Electromagnetic Compatibility Certification (EMC), it is an advanced international standard by the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine and the State Certification and Accreditation Administration of China Signs are of irreplaceable importance. Currently, the first batch of products announced by China that must pass compulsory certification are 132 types in 19 categories. Mainly include wires and cables, low-voltage electrical appliances, information technology equipment, safety glass, fire-fighting products, motor vehicle tires, latex products, etc.
The 3C mark is generally affixed to the surface of the product, or pressed on the product by moulding. A closer look will reveal multiple oval "CCC" secret marks. There is a random code behind each 3C logo, and each random code has a corresponding manufacturer and product. When the certification mark issuance management center issued the compulsory product certification mark, the product corresponding to the code has been entered into the computer database, and consumers can query the code through the National Quality Certification Center.
It should be noted that the 3C mark is not a quality mark, it is a basic safety certification.
3C certification is mainly trying to pass a package of solutions such as "unified catalog, unified standards, technical regulations, conformity assessment procedures, unified certification marks, and unified charging standards" to completely solve the long-standing Chinese product certification system. Review, repetitive fees, and the indiscriminate issue of certification and law enforcement, and establishing technical regulations, standards and conformity assessment procedures consistent with international rules can promote trade facilitation and liberalization
TypeInfo: Industry News
The keywords of the information are: 3C certification